- Secure strings of lights, electrical cords, and plugs away from areas that your pets can get trapped, chew on them, or topple your tree. And, be sure to unplug all lights when you leave your pets home alone.
- Locate scissors, string, ribbons, and papers away from reach. They have a myriad of dangers possible!
- Keep toys away from inquisitive and chewing pups. Pieces can be ingested, cause choking, block intestines.
- Maintain your pets regular schedules of eating, walking, and resting. This will help to keep stress to a minimum.
- Continue your pets on their regular diet and away from foods that can cause poisoning, stomach upset, or blockages.
- Make sure that your pets remain hydrated with lots of fresh water available. The water around your Christmas tree can be extremely dangerous with toxins and pine needles. Be sure that additives are nontoxic and do NOT use aspirin which can be lethal. Even pretty snow globes can present a risk because they can have poisonous fluids such as alcohol or antifreeze in their liquids.
- Keep the telephone numbers of your veterinarian, emergency 24-hour pet clinics, and animal poison control centers posted near your telephone.
- Be prepared for any possible emergency!!!
Merry Christmas to you all!